Category Managed Services
Type Permanent Full-Time
To ensure that all Managed Services transitions are successfully delivered, within budget and agreed timeframes, whist delivering the highest levels of quality and customers satisfaction.
- Manage a portfolio of complex service transitions, in accordance with Ultima’s formal transition process. This includes onboarding of client environments, midlife changes to customer environments, customer decommissions and new Ultima service onboarding.
- Ownership of all transition plans and customer communications
- Provide regular support and guidance to transition coordinators
- Create and issue customer transition initiation, update and closure reports
- Create and issue internal Ultima transition reports.
- Maintain transition team documentation and trackers.
- Schedule and coordinate Ultima transition resources.
- Chair customer and internal transition meetings (both via conf call and face to face).
- Ensure all agreed transition deadlines, budgets, quality and customer satisfaction requirements are met.
- Ensure transition issues and risks are proactively managed, mitigated where possible and escalated as appropriate.
- Ensure customer expectations are actively managed, throughout the transition process.
- Support the transition managers on larger scale transitions
- Learn Ultima’s core Managed Services services, and operational procedures, and pro-actively keep this knowledge up to date.
- Ensure that all transitions are approached and handled in a consistent and structured way.
- Assist with the ongoing development and formalisation of Managed Services transition procedures.
- Participate in transition review and operations meetings.
- Identify and lead initiatives to improve transition processes, communications, costs and levels of customer satisfaction.
Additional activities and responsibilities not covered within the above may also be required as part of specific Customer engagements.
- Background – proven transition management experience, ideally within an IT Service Provider organisation.
- ITIL Foundation
- Five or more years’ experience in the computing industry with a good understanding of IT infrastructure technologies and managed service offerings.
- First class communicator with an ability to engage sales teams, operational teams and senior customer stakeholders.
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
- Methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the flexibility and ability to manage multiple transitions at the same time, whilst maintaining a clear focus on each of their immediate, individual requirements.
- Competent user of the Microsoft Office suite of products.