Category Professional Services
Type Permanent Full-Time
To work within the Ultima Services Team as a Technical Consultant, providing both pre-sales support and post-sales design and implementation in a way that clearly differentiates the company from other solution providers. Technical Consultants at Ultima are involved in the full project lifecycle and will be completely self-motivated with an ongoing desire to maintain their knowledge level at the forefront of technology. They will also be expected to ensure that solutions are provided in a quality fashion in keeping with the company’s ISO certification.
Specifically, this person will work within the Consultancy Team and will predominantly specialise in the design and delivery of Productivity solutions, including Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, Skype for Business and other related technologies.
- To assist in the planning of services through presales, design and delivery identifying the organisation’s Productivity needs and business requirements.
- Assist with the creation of formal bid responses and with the delivery of bid presentations
- Peer review of related proposals as applicable
- Work with other services teams to develop specific solutions to customers requirements
- Participate in Ultima events and seminars as required.
- To have a strong understanding of Ultima’s core products and service offerings and pro-actively keep this knowledge up to date.
- Keep up to date with vendor technology and market innovation related to the practice
- Ensure that all assigned activities are approached and handled in a consistent logical way and, where possible, in line with the appropriate defined Project Office or Company (ISO) quality standards.
- To act as a mentor to junior consultants as required.
- Assist the Managed service team with transitioning professional service engagements into support and occasionally assist with support issues
- Always represent Ultima to our Customers in the most professional way and continually demonstrate our competitive advantage and added value
Additional activities and responsibilities not covered within the above may also be required as part of specific Customer engagements or the wider role of a Senior Technical Consultant.
- Seven or more years hands-on experience of IT infrastructure with an excellent understanding of Productivity technologies
- Two or more recognised technical certifications, such as Server 2012/16 MCSA/MCSE, Productivity MCSE, Communications MCSE
- Extensive experience of Productivity migration projects, including the use of discovery, migration and automation tools and appropriate methodologies
- Extensive face to face Customer experience in both a technical and presales capacity across various operating environments
- Excellent design, proposal and documentation skills for solutions based on Productivity IT architecture
- Excellent technical delivery skills for Productivity engagements
- First class communicator that can demonstrate having worked closely with Sales and Technical staff in a Customer facing role
- Confident, with the ability to be both adaptive and creative in IT solution design and delivery
- Good listener that can demonstrate the ability to understand Customer requirements and propose the most appropriate solution