Category Managed Services
Type Permanent Full-Time
This role will be responsible for a number of duties including the on boarding of Service Desk clients, employee training for new starters and existing staff in preparation for new services.
You will be working closely with the customer and internal personnel to understand the customers business and how our service will be provided, evaluating their current procedures and processes with the mindset to refine and improve them, adhering to Ultima’s best practise.
You will be required to construct individual customer knowledge bases (KB) to be used by the 1st and 2nd line technical engineers in providing support. You will also attend customer sites to attain client specific technical information in assisting with building the KB.
You will conduct training with new and existing members of support staff, familiarising them with all aspects of the customer from operational procedures to knowledge and ability in resolving the expected cases.
Transition of New Clients
- Operate closely with the service delivery and transition managers to assist with a successful transition of new clients into the Service Desk.
- Providing timely status updates.
- Confer with various personnel at Ultima ensuring all required equipment and systems are prepared.
- Conduct regular site visits to gather customer information and understanding.
- Establish a knowledge base that is structured and organised to the service needs.
- Validate ITSM tool with new client information and work flows.
- Training employees, familiarising them with the new client’s organisation and customers.
- Operate as point of contact when a new client goes live.
- Manage your own time identifying areas of concern or improvement. Raising when necessary these concerns with suggestions to resolve.
- Interacting closely with the Service Delivery Manager you will work to refine and create processes.
- Enabling both customer and support staff to understand and follow the services we provide.
- Streamlining these where possible ensuring customer needs are met and Ultima best practice is adopted.
- Working closely with the Quality Assurance Manager, Escalations Manager as well as Team Leads and Management Teams to minimise errors and enhance overall quality of service.
Knowledge Base Management
- Compose a Knowledge base which will be used as the primary tool for delivering support across the 1st and 2nd line teams.
- Structure the information to ensure the support teams can quickly and clearly find the instruction and act accordingly.
- Continue to regularly review and improve, matching it to skill level of support lines. Adjusting when appropriate following evaluation, suggested improvements and or additions.
- Coordinating induction into the department.
- Training and developing new and existing staff on our customers and processes.
- Instructing them on the deliverables and expectations.
- Execute handover of employees to Team Lead providing report on individuals where needed
- Acting as mentor, providing support once individuals are operating.
- Develop individuals in preparations for new and existing clients, recognising weaknesses and facilitating improvement.
- Excellent time management and prioritisations skills.
- Good customer presentation and relationship building skills.
- Experience working in a technical support role.
- Knowledge in Troubleshooting Operating System and Application Issues.
- Understanding of core systems and services used in IT Support.
- Ability to organise and plan in a logical manner when under pressure.
- Quality Focus, exceptional attention to detail.
- Innovation, providing suggestions and improved methods to promote effectiveness.
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework and its function is preferable but not essential.
- Knowledge of a call management system and its function is desirable but not essential.
- Key Documentation Skills.
- Familiarity in individual and group training.