Category Managed Services
Type Permanent Full-Time
Leading a small team (currently one other service designer) the role of Service Design Manager at Ultima is to design (and create) the various IT Services, Support offerings, Processes & Procedures in use by the Ultima Services department in the delivery of a “world class service”.
The Service Design Manager is responsible for the overall creation of Ultima Service Offerings and will be expected to liaise with all departments within Ultima to build offerings that can be sold to Ultima’s customers. The creation of Service offerings will involve a wide range of technologies, so a solid understanding of various IT packaged services is a must.
The Service Design Manager will also be required to design the overall support structure for new customers, utilising existing catalogue services understanding how these can be implemented for new customers. The Service Design Manager will also be expected to highlight gaps in existing service offerings and implement solutions to provide an end to end offerings.
Additionally, the Service Design Manager will input into the improvement of Service Management principles across the Service Management lifecycle.
- Work with the Technical Review Board, Head of Consulting Practices and Services Director to understand market demand for IT Services
- Ownership of service design and the creation of new Service Offerings from inception to Transition.
- Design of end to end IT service support models for new Ultima managed service customers.
- Creation of the Managed Service catalogue definitions, working with Technical Resources
- Working closely with Service Strategy, Service Transition and Service Operations to streamline Service Introduction
- Working in an advisory capacity to other departments in the business
- Supporting Service Operations with ongoing customer requirements.
- Supporting the Ultima Managed Services presales teams and acting as a subject matter expert during customer presentations
- Minimum ITIL - Service Design Intermediate level qualification
- Demonstrable knowledge of ITIL Service Design Principles and their application within an IT marketplace
- Experience in a Managed Service environment specifically outsourcing service such as Service Desk and Remote Infrastructure Management services.
- Financial & Commercial awareness within an IT Environment
- Working in a high pressured, fast paced & multi customer environment where tight deadlines are an everyday occurrence.
- Excellent time management, multitasking and prioritisations skills
- Excellent communication, customer presentation and customer relationship building skills.