Type Permanent Full-Time
This role reports in to the Purchasing & Sales Ledger Manager and, is a member of a team of 4 (including manager). The purchasing department is a busy department which is key to the organisation.
The key purpose of this role is the administration of customer orders from sales, placing purchase orders with the relevant suppliers, passing completed customer sales orders on to the sales ledger/ credit control ensuring all related queries are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- To assist the purchasing team to achieve the below duties, this will need to be done as a team, as well as individually when needed
- Create system purchase orders for customer orders using the Purchase Proposal tool, ensuring that buy prices and delivery costs are accurate and submit them to suppliers in a timely manner and in the format required by them.
- Update the ETA dates of goods on a daily basis, chasing suppliers where necessary. This could also include changing the supplier due to quicker ETA’s but ensuring that the previous order has been cancelled.
- Book directly delivered goods in on the system on a timely basis, passing the sales order paperwork to credit control/sales ledger to enable them to be invoiced.
- To assist other parts of finance team if required
- Other ad-hoc duties
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a administration, preferably within finance
- High level of numeracy and PC literacy
- Ability to build effective working relationships with both customers and colleagues
- Self-Motivated and flexible
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing skills·
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Educated to GCSE level