Category Managed Services
Type Permanent Full-Time
ITIL Problem Manager is responsible for managing the ITSM processes in accordance to Ultima Service Management Model based on ITIL best practices. He or she should be practitioner in the area, focused on core IT Service Management / ITIL functions specifically problem management but must have a strong awareness of other areas such as incident management, change management, configuration management, service level management.
ITIL Problem Manager ensures that standardized methods and procedures (ITIL v3) are used for efficient and prompt handling of all problem in order to minimize the impact of problem upon service quality and consequently identifies opportunities to improve the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Single point of contact for one or more problems both internal and external.
- Responsible for Ownership and Coordination of actions of problems
- Analyze root cause, identify Known Error and coordinating actions to fix the error.
- Review the Problem Trends and Planning and Driving Improvement Plan
- To be proactive in identifying problems, analyse and recommend Service Improvement plans with the possible solutions
obtained from technical teams for department or business unit
- Identifies trends and potential Problem sources (by reviewing Incident and Problem analysis)
- Prevents the replication of Problems across multiple systems
- Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the Problem control process
- Monitors the effectiveness of error control and makes recommendations for improvements
- Maintains inventory of problems under analysis and their current progress and status
- Follows up issues and progress with problem owners where necessary
- Updating KEDB
- Produces Problem Management reports and management information
- Coordinates meetings to resolve problems
- Prevents recurrence of issues by identifying root cause and implementing fix work with all internal technical teams, Service Management and external stakeholders like customer and 3rd party
- Drive all problems towards root cause identification and permanent fix
- Need to have innovative approach as problems are unique and need to use different RCA techniques
- Good Interpersonal skills and organizational skills required
- A technical understanding of a network and infrastructure environment is desirable
- Service Operation certification of ITIL or equivalent is essential
- Must be prepared to occasionally travel / work outside of normal hours to meet the requirements of the business
- Minimum 3 years Incident & Problem Management experience
- Qualified to at least ITIL v3 Foundation with a preference for ITIL v3 Practitioner
- Ideally has experience of working in an organisation with International Standards such as ISO 9001 (Quality Management); ISO 20000 (IT Service Management); ISO 27001 (Information Security Management), or 25999 (Business Continuity)