Type Contract to Permanent (Full Time)
The purpose of the role is to underpin the Sales force, freeing them to achieve KPIs and increase GP as well as achieving their own KPIs and increasing GP through generating new business within existing accounts. Acts as first-line for customer contact providing both a proactive and reactive sales function. This will include providing pre-and post-sales information, introducing customers to products and services, closing orders and working on query resolution.
Working within a focused Account Team; this role liaises with and works closely with their External Account Manager/Director, as well as other internal stakeholders, to ensure that customers receive a high level of service from Ultima.
- Proactively generate new business to get accounts trading again, using HubSpot and call out days.
- Receive Sales enquiries via various mediums
- Prepare and deliver quotes on customer requests (work with distribution, the business units and technical resource team).
- Add value, with great pricing and information to help the customer make an informed decision.
- Communication verbally and in writing with colleagues, customers, suppliers and manufacturers.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of products and service opportunities. Ensure the greatest margin opportunities offered. This will require working closely with the Business Managers and Services teams to ensure that gross margin is maximised.
- Work actively on closing quotes and renewals, understanding the competition and keeping a fine balance on margin levels to win business.
- Maximising the margin by negotiating best buy prices from distribution and the vendors on a deal by deal basis
- Run forecasts at the start of every month and prepare forecast mid-month.
- Ensure that accurate data is added to the system in a timely manner to kept updated with all active opportunities throughout the month.
- Maintain an understanding of pipeline and what will close, ship and be invoiced is integral.
- Ensure customers’ deadlines are achieved every time.
- Maintain and grow product knowledge and skills, attend and actively participate in regular training sessions, some of which may be held outside the normal core hours of the business.
- Continue to develop and nurture new and existing relationships within existing customers; increasing run rate business in each trading account.
- Ensure the Quality Management procedures are always followed.
- Process and progress Sales orders of Customer requests and expedite orders through to completion effectively and efficiently
- Sales order processing
- Assist Finance resolve any queries in a timely manner
- Play to win, as an active participate in the team, with a flexible approach to support others.
- Any ad-hoc projects as required by management
- Excellent verbal and written communication in the English language.
- An organised and systematic approach with the ability to juggle and time manage to stay on top of the job at hand.
- Ability to be flexible and cope with several factors at any one time.
- An experienced problem-solver who can think logically and laterally to find solutions.
- The ability to be resilient in the face of setbacks and to remain logical and controlled when under pressure.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Influencing and negotiating.
- Team spirited.
- Tenacious, gets the job done.
- Competent user of the Microsoft Office suite of products.