Category Managed Services
Type Permanent Full-Time
The purpose of this role will be to ensure that new work and changes requests are dealt with effectively for clients, including the updating of Ultima system records to ensure they remain accurate.
The role will be responsible for assisting in the management of a demanding and dynamic programme of changes across multiple workstreams for multiple customers and will involve working closely with the Change Manager to identify and reduce the change risk, while ensuring that a high level of stakeholder partnering is ensured across all of Ultima’s customer base.
- Day-to-day oversight and management of changes within the change management process. Ensuring changes are moved through the lifecycle and the necessary assessment/approval is carried out
- Governance of the ITIL Change Management and Service Asset and Configuration Management policies and processes across the organisation, through continuous improvement, reporting, training and stakeholder engagement.
- Log and analyse all required measurements (KPIs). Accurately report on measurements to support management reporting
- Effective integration and interaction with all support and delivery teams
- Participate-in and chair the Change Advisory Boards (CAB).
- Coordinates and communicates the forward schedule of releases and changes, monitoring progress within the Change and Release process and intervening where required.
- Manage the on-demand communication process when notifying stakeholders of planned outages.
- Provide support to customers to ensure the smooth the implementation change requests.
- Liaise with operational areas to deliver change timely.
- Identify and highlight any risk implications for each change request in the completed impact assessment.
- Support the completion of impact assessments of new work requests and change requests considering cost, time and quality of service.
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvements, and innovative solutions which positively impact the client and the customer’s businesses.
- Creation and maintenance all CI’s in the Ultima CMDB.
- The ability to handle detailed technical and non-technical data, comprehend and communicate essential information in a compelling way to non-technical production staff.
- Detailed understanding of Configuration Management and how this is closely linked with Change Management to be effective in the provision of IT services.
- Ability to work flexibly under pressure, frequently using own initiative.
- Organised and methodical in approach to routine and administrative matters.
- Demonstrable knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards and the principles of service delivery