Category Professional Services
Type Permanent Full-Time
To work within the Ultima Services Team as an Automation Consultant, working under the direction of the Senior Automation Consultants to provide post-sales design and implementation in a way that clearly differentiates the company from other solution providers. Automation Consultants at Ultima are involved in the full project lifecycle and will be completely self-motivated with an ongoing desire to maintain their knowledge level at the forefront of technology. They will also be expected to ensure that solutions are provided in a quality fashion in keeping with the company’s ISO certification.
Specifically, this person will work within the Consultancy Team and will predominantly specialise in the delivery of RPA focussed solutions based on the Thoughtonomy (Blue Prism) and UiPath platforms and incorporating Cognitive Services from Azure.
- Technical consultancy for related RPA project definition and delivery as required including:
- Design, development, testing and implementation RPA virtual workers and automations that will interact with multiple third-party applications for Ultima’s customers and internal use
- Fine tune performance and operation issues that arise with RPA automations
- Provide on-going support including defect fixes and any Process change activities
- Function as integrators between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients’ business needs
- Deliver Proof of Value engagements
- Taking direction from the Senior Automation Consultants on complex automation projects
- Support RPA initiatives including:
- Work closely with the Solutions Architects / Principal Architects to support new/existing RPA initiatives
- Assist with the delivery of Ultima Advisory Services and Services propositions
- Assist with the selection and evaluation of new technical products and related tools
- Assist with Ultima internal IT and Business transformation projects as required
- Assist the TSC with transitioning professional service engagements into support and occasionally assist with support issues
- Understand Ultima’s core products and all Services offerings, and pro-actively keep this knowledge up to date
- Keep up-to-date with vendor technology and market innovation related to the role
- Always represent Ultima to our Customers in the most professional way and continually demonstrate our competitive advantage and added value
- Ensure that all assigned activities are approached and handled in a consistent, logical way and, wherever possible, in line with the appropriate defined Project Office or Company (ISO) quality standards
Additional activities and responsibilities not covered within the above may also be required as part of specific Customer engagements or the wider role of a Senior Technical Consultant.
- 1+ year of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) experience preferably with Blue Prism or Thoughtonomy and UiPath.
- 1+ year of experience with PowerShell scripting
- 2+ years of experience of core Enterprise IT topics (e.g. Active Directory, Exchange, networking, Azure, Office 365)
- Desired 2+ years of experience of DotNet development (C# or VB.Net)
- Desired experience in client-side communications using SOAP, WCF, REST APIs.
- Good design, proposal and documentation skills for solutions based on Process Automation
- Good technical delivery skills
- Confident, with the ability to be both adaptive and creative in IT solution design and delivery