Technical Support Team Leader
Category Managed Services
Type Permanent Full-Time
- Assist the team manager relevant staff and service related weekly/monthly activities and projects.
- Be the primary point of contact for IT issues.
- Perform timely and accurate recording and troubleshooting of incidents and when possible the resolution of any incidents raised by the end user.
- Act as the communication channel between the end user and other systems service and support areas.
- Record and resolve IT issues raised by computer users, achieving the agreed first line fix target, and escalating to specialist hardware and software support teams where appropriate.
- Ensure that the Frontline Support team responds to and resolves calls within agreed time scales and escalates any necessary calls to relevant teams.
- Take the lead in the creation and continued updating of procedures and maintaining relationships with relevant departments.
- Manage issues raised to ensure regular communication with end users and timely issue resolution is carried out.
- Work on service requests and tasks adhering to agreed time scales, SLA’s and quality standards.
- Participate in root cause analysis as appropriate.
- Act as the face of systems support for both the internal and Centre network customer and manage all service related communication and updates.
- Support small and medium sized projects driven by internal business requirements.
- Proactively propose areas of focus for service improvement initiatives and take ownership of identifying appropriate solutions and/or processes and procedures.
- Participate in daily stand-ups and other service related meetings as required.
- Support the team manager with shift rota maintenance, training and other staff related requirements.
- Cover the team manager during times of absence.
- Accurately record all telephone calls, customer visits, Self-service Portal and emails using Service Now ITSM, ensure proper recording and additional documentation is included in all incidents
- Escalate accurately recorded issues with details of all triage steps carried out to specialist hardware and software support teams or departmental managers as appropriate
- Log calls to third party support teams and manage when required e.g. Managed WAN Supplier
- Keep management and relevant teams informed of any significant and/or prolong ongoing issues
- Monitor, action and resolve, where possible, incidents raised to the team in Service Now
- Attempt to resolve all incidents using troubleshooting skills and/or knowledge base
- Where required escalate triaged incidents to specialist hardware and software support teams when appropriate
- Ensure incident resolution is communicated and agreed with end user
- If timely resolution is not possible then refer to line manager for appropriate course of action
- When required to do so by line Manager take ownership of ad hoc issues
- Assist in the identification of the root cause of incidents and participate in resulting actions
- Use root cause information to propose actions for problem prevention
- Update knowledge base with new resolutions
- Ensure all service requests are dealt with in line with established procedures and SLA
- Ensure the task board is up to date at all times
- Utilise excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations both on the telephone and face to face
- Always show empathy and act with professionalism
- Create and share knowledge base articles as required
- Understand and inform the end user of any policies and best practice
- Recommend improvements to practices and procedures to improve service levels
- Assist in project work/rollouts when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills to instil the user with confidence in Systems Support
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a busy 1st/2nd line technical helpdesk role
- Knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, Windows 7/10
- Active Directory, PCs and iPhone/iPAD Hardware
- Good written communication
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good workload management and prioritisation skills
- Team player
- Enthusiastic with a “can do” attitude and a willingness to help others
- Tenacity and self-motivation
- Supervisory and motivational skills