Category Managed Services
Type Permanent Full-Time
A 24/7 service desk role providing technical support to many of Ultima’s managed service customers. This role includes reacting to monitoring alerts, triage and troubleshooting of managed and trusted environments and managing and hosting customers Networking Infrastructure, VPNS and Firewalls. As first point of contact for our customers it is essential that exceptional levels of service and communication is always delivered.
- Respond to incoming phone calls and make outbound calls where necessary to keep the customer or 3rd party updated.
- Identify alerts using monitoring tools & log, triage, resolve, escalate as required
- Providing technical assistance to the Customer in the resolution of technical issues
- Log, progress and resolve tickets via our ITSM tool & escalate to 2nd/3rd line where necessary.
- Perform a series of daily and nightly checks to ensure incidents are identified proactively.
- Escalate issues to relevant parties using the Internal Escalation Process and/or the Critical Index Matrix which is detailed in the ‘Event Management & Escalation Process’ of customer SLA’s
- Adherence to Security Policies defined within Ultima’s ISO 27001 Accreditation
- Act as the 1st point of escalation for service desk issues & log/progress service desk tickets during OOH shifts.
- Verify call details back to the customer ensuring that all relevant information is entered into the call logging system in a clear and concise format
- Take a methodical approach in troubleshooting and resolving faults
- To proactively monitor all calls keeping the customer, and where necessary the TSC Management, informed at all times through to resolution
- Actively strive to improve technical ability through self-study, organised in-house training and attendance of external courses
- To be knowledgeable in current I.T technologies (e.g. Networking, Operating Systems and Hardware Platforms)
- 1st Line Service Desk supporting multiple customers or locations
- MS Office Admin
- MS Server Admin
- Exposure to perimeter security products in the working environment is desirable
- Basic IP / Routing / VPN Connectivity
- Basic Cisco / Checkpoint
- Office Suite – Outlook specifically
- Troubleshooting Windows OS, 7 and 10
- Office 365 Administration
- Network troubleshooting
- Active Directory and Exchange Administration
- Troubleshooting Mobile devices