In accordance with its duty under Section 2 (3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, and in fulfilling its obligations to employees, visitors, neighbours, contractors and the general public who may be affected by its activities, Ultima has produced the following statement of policy in respect of health, safety and welfare concerns. It is our policy to comply with the following regulations:
Legislation relating to this policy
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- The Workplace (Health Safety Welfare) Regulations 1992
- The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences 2013
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Health and Safety (Training for Employment) Regulations 1990
- The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations as amended 2002
- The Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1992
- The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- The Display Screen Equipment Regulations 1992
- The Environmental Protection Act 1990
- The Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012
- The Control of Noise at Work Regulations
- The Working at Heights Regulations 2005
Given the complexity of the regulations, the Company have employed Bravanark Network Ltd to give advice on the responsibilities of the above. Network Ltd to give advice on the responsibilities of the above.
- It is the policy of Ultima to comply with the terms of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, subsequent legislation and to provide and maintain a healthy and safe working environment. The health and safety objective of the Company is to minimise the number of instances of occupational accidents and illnesses and ultimately achieve an accident-free workplace.
- All employees will be provided with such equipment, information, training and supervision as is necessary to implement the policy and achieve the above stated objective.
- The Company recognises and accepts the duty to protect the health and safety of all visitors to its premises, including contractors and temporary workers, as well as any members of the public who might be affected by our operations.
- While the management of the Company will do all that is within its powers to ensure the health and safety of its employees, it is recognised that health and safety at work is the responsibility of each and every individual associated with the Company. It is the duty of each employee to take reasonable care of their own and other people's welfare and to report any situation which may pose a threat to the well-being of any other person.
- The management of the Company will provide every employee with the training necessary to carry out their tasks safely. However, if an employee is unsure how to perform a certain task or feels it would be dangerous to perform a specific job then it is the employee's duty to report this to their supervisor or the person responsible for health and safety. An effective health and safety programme requires continuous communication between workers at all levels. It is therefore every worker's responsibility to report immediately any situation which could jeopardise the well being of himself or herself or any other person.
- The Company will make available such finances and resources as are deemed reasonable to implement this policy.
- All injuries, however small, sustained by a person at work must be reported to the PA to the CEO. Accident records are crucial to the effective monitoring and revision of the policy and must therefore be accurate and comprehensive.
- The Company recognises the civil and moral need to ensure that all employees adhere to this Health and Safety Policy and will be prepared to invoke the disciplinary procedure in case of any deliberate disregard for the Health and Safety Policy.
- The Company’s Health and Safety Policy will be continually monitored and updated, particularly when changes in the scale and nature of our operations occur. The Policy will be updated at least every 12 months. The specific arrangements for the implementation of the Policy and the personnel responsible are further detailed in the Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements document.
This Policy has been executively approved by Scott Dodds, Ultima CEO on May 13th, 2021