IT teams today are tasked with using technology to increase employee productivity and enable remote working, whilst keeping data secure and costs in-check. To achieve this, many are looking to move key workloads to the cloud.
Citrix and Microsoft helping customers gain more value out of their investments by simplifying and accelerating their journey to the cloud.
If you run some or all of your Citrix workloads on-premises, here are 5 great reasons why migrating to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on Microsoft Azure can accelerate your digital transformation and amplify IT cost savings- all while reducing your reliance on physical infrastructure.
- Migrate on your terms. When migrating to the cloud, existing data centre investments may hold you back, however Citrix cloud services enable you to manage existing on-premises Citrix deployments alongside new Windows Virtual Desktop VMs in Azure. Deploy a hybrid cloud mix of technologies or go all-in with a fully cloud-hosted deployment, so you can make the most of existing investments while leveraging the cost savings benefits of Citrix Cloud with Azure and WVD. This can result in savings of up to $98 per-user per-year compared to other standalone management, performance, or monitoring add-ons.
- Simplify management and adapt faster. Simplify management and adapt faster using the Citrix centralised management plane, business disruptions don't have to mean service interruptions. In times of global uncertainty, or even routine maintenance, you can deploy additional workloads on Azure across multiple regions or data centres. Scale to the cloud with flexible IT management, maintaining on-premises investments, resources, and policies. Simply put, you can extend the reach of IT while maintaining business continuity and keeping users productive
- Accelerate Azure time-to-value with Citrix Cloud: Deploying traditional software on-premises can be complex and time consuming. Hardware procurement delays, manual installation, configuration, and staging steps all take up valuable time and resources. But with streamlined cloud-based deployment and operations tools, customers can increase the speed with which services can be deployed. Citrix Cloud services on Microsoft Azure vastly reduce (or eliminate) the costs and delay associated with deployment. Migrating Citrix workloads to Azure can save up to 30-50% on operational costs over three years.
- Deliver secure workspace experiences: With Citrix’s service offerings, your key Citrix infrastructure components are always up to date. Your end users always get the best experience, and your environment stays secure without having to manually run updates and patches. The Citrix real-time policy engine adapts to changing access conditions, including location, identity, device, and threats. Adaptive security and performance settings are automatically applied on-premises and in Azure.
- Maximise ROI: With dynamic workload management tools that help you balance on-premises and cloud deployments, you can optimise operating expenses while delivering a high-performance environment for your users. Burst to cloud from on-premises when needed, maximising the utilisation of your current data centre investment. Additionally, optimise Microsoft Teams and Office 365 to take collaboration to the next level. Unlock up to 70% savings over three years by leveraging Citrix Cloud with Windows Virtual Desktop as compared to a legacy, on-premises Citrix and Microsoft deployment.
Why Ultima for Citrix & Microsoft
Ultima have extensive experience deploying Citrix solutions in Microsoft Azure and have worked closely with Citrix and Microsoft to ensure that customers attain the value of next-gen cloud hosted workspaces. Whether you are new to Microsoft Azure or an established consumer, Ultima can work with you to deliver an integrated and rich user experience leveraging the Citrix Cloud platform whilst also benefitting from a deep understanding of enterprise-scale virtual desktop solutions in Microsoft Azure.
Ultima offer services ranging from Strategy and Readiness Assessments, Design and Deployment Services, through to full lifecycle management of your Cloud Desktop and Microsoft Azure environment.